Why are we making changes?
As always, our main priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff. Adapting our services to follow government advice will:
- Minimise the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus
- Protect our staff and customers
- Protect people who are vulnerable, and
- Save lives
Changes to our repair services
Currently our repair services are operating business as usual where possible except for gas repairs. Gas repairs have been prioritised to emergency services such as leaks, heating and hot water.
There are likely to be further changes to our services as advice from the Government changes. Our ability to deliver services may also be affected if building supplies shops close.
Our contractors may arrive at your property wearing extra safety equipment such as face masks and paper suits. Please do not be alarmed by this. We are simply doing everything we can to minimise the risk of contracting and spreading coronavirus.
What if you have coronavirus or you’re self-isolating?
Please let us know if you have a confirmed case of coronavirus or you are self-isolating. You can do this using the form on our website or call us on 0800 432 0077. This will help us continue providing our services safely and effectively.
If your repair request is urgent, we can still visit your home. Our contractors will wear full personal protective equipment similar to what they would wear if they were working with asbestos.
If your repair request is not urgent, the repair job will be scheduled for the end of your quarantine period or when you are well again.
How you can help
To help us minimise the contraction and spread of coronavirus and continue to deliver our services please:
- Let us know if you have a confirmed case of coronavirus or you’re self-isolating
- Do not shake hands with our contractor
- Keep a minimum distance of 2 metres from our contractor at all times
- Allow our contractor to wash their hands when they arrive, regularly while they are in your home and when they have finished their work. They should wash for at least 20 seconds using soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Do not offer food or drink to our contractor.
Please note that if you intentionally ignore this advice we have instructed our contractors to leave your property immediately.
What if you don’t want visitors in your home?
If you would prefer not to have visitors in your home at the moment, you’re welcome to postpone a repair if there are no compliance or safety issues. In other words, we’re happy to postpone some urgent repairs as long as:
- There is no immediate risk to you and others in your home or building
- The repair is not required to prevent immediate risk.
Please contact us to postpone or cancel a repair.
Please use our website form to let us know if you have a confirmed case of coronavirus or you are self-isolating.
How to request repairs
- Our customer website is the best source of information about repairs and maintenance in the first instance.
- If you need to request a repair the fastest way to do it is via My Account. You can set up an account if you don’t already have one. If you don’t have an account, you will have the option to set one up using the email address that we have on record for you. If we don’t have your email address on record, or we have a different address on record, please contact us by phone to get everything set up properly.