A rainy day for our customer
One of our customers suffered water damage in his home during stormy weather. Rainwater poured into the attic and his daughter’s bedroom, which ruined the paint and decoration, drenched the carpet, and left a strong, unpleasant odour. A plumber and roofer had to be called out to repair the damage.*
Luckily, this customer had a contents insurance policy. The claim was settled within 8 weeks, and cash was issued for the customer to arrange his own replacements for the insured, damaged décor. The daughter’s room was redecorated as quickly as possible.
Do I need insurance?
Remember that you’re responsible for replacing your home contents and belongings if they are broken, damaged or stolen, so it’s a good idea to consider a home contents insurance policy. It might seem like an extra expense, but it will likely save you money and hassle at some point.
How can I get contents insurance?
We’ve teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited** to offer you protection for your home contents and personal possessions. The offering is part of the National Housing Federation’s My Home Contents Insurance Scheme.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to signing up for the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, including:
- Cover for theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- There are no minimum home security requirements, just a lockable front door
- Replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if your keys are lost or stolen
- Flexible, regular pay as you go payment options, rather than having to pay for a whole year at once
- Storm and flood damage
- Damage to fixed glass in doors and windows which you are responsible for
- Cover for theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages
- Various ways to make your payment including fortnightly, monthly or annual payments (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).
Terms and conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
How can I sign up?
All our customers, both tenants and leaseholders, are eligible to apply for The National Housing Federation’s My Home Contents Insurance Scheme.
For more information, you can see the full policy terms and exclusions on the website, call on 0345 450 7288, or request for someone to call you back by filling out an online form.
* This is a true example of a claim made via the Thistle Tenant Risks home contents insurance scheme July 2021. Source: Ageas Insurance Ltd.