This change in the way we do things has been so successful that our online classes are here to stay. But don’t worry if getting online isn’t your thing yet - we can help you with that too.
Helping you get online
Let’s be honest - not all of us can use the internet and new technology confidently - the recent lockdown has highlighted how important it is to have this skill.
The good news? We can help you get online. We’ve been providing training in new hardware, software and essential skills to help our customers confidently and safely access the internet, stay connected to the world and avoid isolation.
For those of you who have never turned on a computer, don’t worry. We provide training in all the basics such as how to use a mouse, trackpad and webcam. We can also help with skills to stay safe when shopping on the web and how to avoid scam emails.
Our Connecting Communities Programme
We’ve recently launched our digital Connecting Communities Programme to all residents in our key neighbourhoods across Westminster, Ealing, Spelthorne, Bicester, Hounslow, Hillingdon, Winchester and Chichester.
Key neighbourhoods are communities that we’ve identified through a range of measures as needing a little extra attention, such as unemployment, number of anti-social behaviour (ASB) complaints and crime levels.
Our goal is to help reduce social isolation and loneliness in these neighbourhoods and encourage more physical activity.
Online classes on offer
Some of the classes we’re offering online include:
- Yoga – feel grounded with some relaxing stretches
- Zumba – dance to some great music and burn calories
- Coffee mornings – take some time to have a chat with others
- Women’s fitness classes – run by ladies for ladies to keep you fit from home
- Tutoring for young people – log on for academic support for your kids
- The Friday Club – Over 60s club for chilling out with others
- Bingo – Try your hand at this game of chance for a laugh
How to get involved
Follow CommunitiesAtA2Dominion on Facebook to find out more about all our community events.
Over time, we will add more classes, and we’ll update you on our pages when we do.
Some of our online community classes are only for customers living in our key neighbourhoods at the moment, but we have a range of activities, advice and support for everyone including:
- Help getting online such as essential digital skills training
- Information, advice and resources on our website to help you build your digital confidence or help support your loved ones too
- A range of support if you feel lonely and isolated for whatever reason
- The opportunity to volunteer to be a digital champion so you can share your knowledge and support others who aren’t as tech savvy.
Simply contact our friendly team on 0800 432 0077 to find out how we can help you get connected with others online.