Sue’s family was unable to continue supporting her at home because her MS symptoms had progressed. By moving into her retirement living home, Sue was able to access health care services which greatly improved her physical wellbeing and has told us she is “living her best life”. Since then, she has enjoyed meeting her neighbours, making friends, enjoying meals in the on-site restaurant, and participating in a range of social activities. At Christmas, the home Manager organised an Elvis tribute act to perform for the residents, Sue attended and loved it. “Thanks for a super afternoon on Friday with Elvis and lovely snacks as well. One happy customer!”
Are you thinking about retiring?
Did you know that we offer retirement living opportunities? That means if you’re over 55 we can help you find a home to live in while you enjoy your retirement.
What’s on offer?
We have studios and 1 or 2-bedroom flats where you can continue to live independently. You will also have your own kitchen and bathroom facilities. Communal gardens and other shared spaces allow you to enjoy some extra space, meet new people and socialise. And we have homes that are wheelchair friendly too.
Where are retirement homes?
We have retirement homes in Spelthorne, Hillingdon, Reading, Bromley, West Berkshire, Windsor, Ealing, Wokingham and Runnymede. These homes focus on peaceful settings and beautiful communal gardens which are close to shops, parks and entertainment.
What are the benefits?
There are many great reasons to consider a retirement living home.
- Fob entry security systems, so only people living in the complex can enter communal areas and homes. Visitors can call through to their flats, so only residents are able to let them in without having to come to the front door.
- Both cats and dogs are allowed but they can’t be replaced, and you will need to be able to look after your pet independently.
- Different levels of care and support to meet your individual needs depending on the home you’re in, including 24-hour on site personal care and support, 24-hour call system or a regular check-in from a member of our Intensive Housing Management team.
- Regular social activities such as coffee mornings, game nights, bingo and singing.
- On-site restaurants, hair salons, treatment rooms, and a meal delivery service at some sites.
- Communal gardens for walks, fresh air and socialising, that feature ponds.
- Shops and amenities only a walk or short bus ride away. Some homes are close to bus stops and local taxi firms.
- Guest facilities for when your family come to visit, such as a guest apartment which can be booked by family members if they’d like to stay.
How can I find out more?
If you or someone you know is interested in moving to a retirement living home or would simply like to know more about them for now, please call us on 0800 432 0077 or email us your questions. We’re happy to talk you through the different options available, to find the right fit for you and your lifestyle.