To live in our retirement housing you'll need to be over 55 with a local connection and be eligible for a care and support package.
Halcyon Terrace, Tilehurst, Reading, RG30 4XR
- From £510.83 PCM
- Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with 24-hour extra care
Our 42 self-contained studios, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments each have a kitchen with built-in oven and hob and wet room. You will supply your own flooring and appliances.
At Cornerstones you will be spoilt for choice on places to relax, with a restaurant, communal lounge and shared gardens.
There are chiropody and prescription services on site, and a weekly GP surgery.
You can even have friends and family to stay in our guest room.
We run a range of social events and activities at Cornerstones, including:
- Coffee mornings
- Social club gatherings
- Seasonal events
- Church services
To give you greater peace of mind there are a number of security measures in place too, including:
- Fob-access door security
- An emergency call system in each apartment
Cornerstones is close to Reading town centre and the M4 motorway. There's a shopping centre 500 yards from the scheme.
Care is provided by Care Outlook.
They will tailor your care based on your individual needs assessment.
The extra care and support could include:
- Help washing, dressing and using the toilet
- Help with medication
- Help preparing meals
- General cleaning and laundry
- Shopping, collecting your pension and helping you with your finances
- Pressure care, catheter and colostomy care
- The price stated includes service charges
- The local council will assess your finances to work out how much you need to pay for care and support
- We can help you access any benefits and financial support you may be eligible for. We can also support you with budgeting so that you can keep on top of your rent and other payments.
Who can apply
Click the button below to register with the Social Care team at Reading Borough Council.