To live in our retirement housing you'll need to be over 55 with a local connection and be eligible for a care and support package.
Chimney Court, Reading
Shilling Close, Tilehurst, Reading, RG30 4EN
- From £580.09 PCM
- 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with with 24-hour extra care
Chimney Court is an extra care housing scheme. It was rated 'Good' by the Care Quality Commission in 2018. (Read the CQC report).
With 24-hour support staff and shared on-site facilities, living here makes it easier for you to socialise and live independently.
The 57, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments at Chimney Court each have a lounge, kitchen (no built-in appliances) and wet room. Some of the apartments are adapted for wheelchairs.
You will be spoilt for choice on places to relax and socialise, with a restaurant, communal lounge, gardens and patio.
Why not enjoy a good book from the mobile library, visit the on-site hair salon or invite your friends or family to stay in the guest room?
We run a range of social events and activities at Chimney Court, including:
- Coffee mornings
- Afternoon teas
- Singing groups
- Exercise classes
- Activity afternoons
To give you greater peace of mind there are a number of security measures in place too, including:
- Fob-access door security
- An emergency call system in each apartment
Chimney Court is across the road from Meadway shopping centre, which has a range of shops and restaurants. Reading railway station is about 10 minutes away by car.
Care is provided by Care Outlook.
They will tailor your care based on your individual needs assessment.
The extra care and support could include:
- Help washing, dressing and using the toilet
- Help with medication
- Help preparing meals
- General cleaning and laundry
- Shopping and helping you with your finances
- Pressure care, catheter and colostomy care
You will have a Scheme Management Officer to help with your housing needs. They will be on hand during the day to answer any questions you have.
There is also a 24-hour call alarm system in every apartment for support and emergency care.
- The price stated includes service charges
- The local council will assess your finances to work out how much you need to pay for care and support
- We can help you access any benefits and financial support you may be due. We can also support you with budgeting so that you can keep on top of your rent and other payments.
Who can apply
Click the button below to register with the Social Care team at Reading Borough Council.