To live in our supported housing you'll need to be aged between 16 to 24, at least 6 month pregnant or have a child under the age of 5 and looking to access or already in education or employment. You’ll also need to agree to take part in regular support sessions.
Bramlings House, Newbury
Craven Dene, London Road, Newbury, RG14 2FP
- From £503.11 PCM
- Single en-suite and 1 bedroom apartments for young people and young parents
Bramlings House is a supported housing scheme for vulnerable young people, including young parents. There are support staff available 24 hours a day. We have 12 single en-suite rooms, which share a lounge and kitchen, and 13 self-contained 1 bedroom apartments. Eight of these are reserved for young parents.
Bramlings House is close to local shops and about a 15 minute walk from Newbury town centre and the railway station.
Support for all young people
Our support team is here to help you achieve what you want from life. You will have to attend regular sessions with a key worker, and we will support you with things like:
- Budgeting, managing debts and accessing benefits
- Getting a job or getting back into education
- Connecting with people
- Reconnecting with your family
- Managing your mental health
- Tackling drug or alcohol addiction
- Learning everyday skills like cooking
We will also liaise with the local authority and the Social Care team and connect you to other organisations that can give you the support you need.
Support for young parents and children
You and your child can take part in regular activities, such as:
- Coffee mornings
- Play-and-learn session
- One-to-one play-and-learn session led by the local Sure Start centre
You will also be able to get support from our specialist team. They are trained in safeguarding and in tools and techniques such as the Parenting Puzzle and The Freedom Programme (a programme to support people who have experienced domestic abuse). Each resident gets an individual programme of support.
You will be able to stay at Bramlings House for up to two years. We will then help you find a new home.
- Rent for an en-suite room is from £464.35 PCM, and 1 bedroom apartments from £500.67 PCM
- We can help you access Universal Credit and any other benefits you may be eligible for. We will also support you with budgeting so that you can keep on top of your rent and other payments.
Who can apply
Click the button below to register with West Berkshire Council’s Housing Options team.