Older people housing
As an older person who values their independence, you want to live in your own home for as long as possible. When you rent from us, you can do that and have care and support on hand when you need it. You’ll also have a welcoming, active community on your doorstep.
Secure, self-contained homes
Our housing for older people includes studios, 1 or 2 bedroom apartments and bungalows. You have your own kitchen and bathroom facilities and can enjoy the communal gardens and other shared spaces. There are homes for wheelchair users, and our long-term tenancy agreements give you security. You can also buy your own home on one of our developments.
Different levels of care
The level of care and support you get depends on the housing development you choose and your needs. In our extra care developments, we offer 24-hour on-site personal care and support. In our supported housing, there’s a 24-hour call system and help on hand during the day, or a regular check-in from a member of our Intensive Housing Management team.
Opportunities to connect
All our developments have communal spaces where you can spend time with friends and neighbours. You can share a pot of tea in the restaurant or have a chat in the garden. There’s always something happening. Coffee mornings, singing sessions and games nights are just some of the social activities you can take part in if you want to.
Shared spaces and services
Although each of our developments is different, they all have shared on-site facilities. Besides communal lounges, gardens and laundry rooms, they may have a restaurant, hair salon, treatment rooms, and offer a meal delivery service. Most have a guest apartment you can book if family come to visit.
Why should I rent or buy from you?
- We are members of the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO). As Approved Operators, we aim to comply with the high standards set by the ARCO Consumer Code, at all the Care and Support schemes that we have registered with ARCO.’
- Our extra care services have been rated Good by the Care Quality Commission.
- We’re an award-winning landlord dedicated to developing homes and services that enable people to live independent, healthy, fulfilling lives.
- We work closely with local councils to make sure we’re building homes and providing services that are what people really need.
Am I eligible to rent or buy housing for older people?
You need to be either over 55 or over 60 to be eligible - it depends on the housing development. For some developments, you may be able to apply if you’re younger and you have a disability.
There will also be some financial criteria you need to meet. Check with your local council about these.
Where are your developments?
How do I apply?
Use the search box above to find home near you. To apply for a place at any of our older people housing developments:
- Register your interest with the Housing or Social Services department of your local council or
- Contact our Lettings team on 0800 432 0077
Find a home to rent
- +5 miles
- +10 miles
- +20 miles
- +50 miles
- +100 miles