If you’re saving to buy your own home, paying 20% less rent each month could help. Our intermediate rent (IMR) homes let you do just that.
What is it?
Intermediate rent is usually 80% of what you would be charged if you rented privately. It’s available to key workers and others finding it hard to afford market rent prices in London and the Southern England.
You can choose to rent brand-new and refurbished properties, with tenancies from 6 months to 5 years.
Is it for me?
Although each local authority has its own criteria for intermediate rent, you’re likely to be eligible if:
- You’re a key worker (in some areas, you may be eligible if you’re not a key worker too)
- You have a permanent job or at least 6 months on your current contract
- You can afford the rent (with or without financial help, such as Housing Benefit or Universal Credit)
- You’re saving to buy a home in the next 5 years, but you can’t afford one yet
- You have a decent credit history and you haven’t breached your current tenancy agreement in the last year
- You already live or work in the area
- Your total household income is less than £71,000–£85,000 a year (the exact amount depends on your local authority and the size of the property you need to rent).
Why rent with us?
We’re an established, regulated, award-winning landlord. Besides a choice of homes to match your budget, we offer good, honest renting with no hidden costs.
Because we own and manage all our properties ourselves, you’ll enjoy prompt service when you rent from us. And we believe in keeping things simple – from contracts to processes. All of this helps take the stress out of finding a new home and leaves you more time to prepare for your move.
How do I apply?
Check the details on the property you’re interested in applying for.
Find a home to rent
- +5 miles
- +10 miles
- +20 miles
- +50 miles
- +100 miles