We collect, store and make use of any personal information that you give us, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
A2Dominion Housing Group Ltd (an exempt charity registered under the Co-operative & Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 Soc. No. 28985R, HCA Reg. L4240).
For a full list of subsidiaries, visit www.a2dominion.co.uk
Registered Office: The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1BD
‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to A2Dominion Housing Group Ltd, and ‘our website’, ‘site’ or ‘the website’ refers to A2Dominion Housing Group Ltd’s website and subsites.
A2Dominion Group is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services.
We collect, store and make use of any personal information that you give us, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Policy applies to the data collected by A2Dominion and its subsidiary companies. For a full list of our subsidiaries, please read our Group structure.
By using our website or giving us your personal information, you accept the terms of this Policy.
- Why we need your information
- How we collect your information
- The information we hold about you and how we will use it
- Who we share your information with
- How we protect your information
- Your rights
- Cookies – what they are and how we use them
- Useful links
- Data protection registration numbers
1. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
When we ask you for your information, we will tell you why and you will often be given options to decide how we use your information.
A2Dominion will collect, use and store personal information about you and other household members* so that we can provide the services you need, including repairs and maintenance, rents, transfers, sales and anything to do with your tenancy.
By doing this, we can also:
- Make sure the information we hold about you is correct and up to date.
- Provide services that are fair, equal and in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- Support the health, safety and safeguarding of our customers and employees.
- Improve the services we provide to you.
- Provide you with information about A2Dominion Group that may be of interest to you.
In all cases, we will only collect information we need to provide you with the service(s) you have requested and to meet our legal obligations.
*When you provide information about household members we assume that you do so with their full knowledge and consent.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may ask you to fill in print or online questionnaires, surveys and feedback forms. You are able to browse our website without telling us any of your personal information.
We receive information from your web browser about how you use our website, including which web pages you visit. This information includes your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer) but does not identify you personally.
We use this information to review and make improvements to our website. By giving us your details, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, date of birth etc., you allow A2Dominion and our subsidiaries to provide you with the service(s) you request.
We may ask you to register on or log into certain areas of our website in order to provide you with a personalised experience of our website, i.e. provide you with helpful information based on the details you have given us.
We do not store your friends’ and contacts’ email addresses when you use the ‘email a friend’ tool. Users aged 16 and under must get consent from parents or guardians before giving us personal information.
If you have used our website to register or subscribe to mailing lists, please read those particular web pages or the emails you have received to find details about how to edit your information or unsubscribe from that particular mailing list. If you are an A2Dominion customer and have a contract with us, we may not be able to remove your details or stop contacting you altogether.
3. THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you is usually information you have given us or information related to your history with A2Dominion. This is likely to include:
- Names and dates of birth of people in your household to keep our records up to date and help prevent tenancy fraud and illegal subletting.
- Contact details, such as telephone numbers and email addresses, so that we can communicate with you and keep you informed about other services which may be useful to you.
- Transaction history, such as payments of your rent or invoices, and your bank account details.
- Information related to your health or support services. This may be to provide you with information relating to products or services from A2Dominion or from trustworthy companies we work with to provide, for example, training or employment opportunities.
- Financial assessments on your household income and expenditure to help you to improve you financial circumstances.
- Recordings of your telephone calls to us, as some of our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes so that we make sure we are providing you with a good service.
- We may capture your image on CCTV systems if you visit one of our estates or offices. We use CCTV systems for safeguarding purposes and to prevent and detect crime.
- We may hold information provided by third parties where it is relevant to your circumstances, for example, information from social workers or health professionals.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Information is sometimes shared within A2Dominion in order to make sure you are receiving all the services you require. Only staff members who need to see your personal information will have access to it.
In most circumstances, we will not share your personal information without your permission. However, there may be situations where it is necessary for us to share some of your information with others. Where this is the case, we will only share this information when we are required to do so by the law and in line with our obligations under the Data Protection Act. Examples include situations involving the prevention and detection of crime and to safeguard customers where they may be at risk. Some of the organisations that we may share data with include:
- The police, to help prevent and detect crime.
- Local authorities, to assist with any applications or matters related to your housing, such as Council Tax.
- Government departments related to Housing Benefit, with regard to changes in rent or to discuss important matters on your behalf.
- Gas, electricity or water companies, to pursue any outstanding revenues.
- Regulators, such as the National Housing Federation and Quality Care Commission.
- Organisations that we contract or partner with to provide services to our customers, such as repairs contractors.
We will not pass your details onto a third party for marketing purposes without your permission.
National Fraud Initiative
A2Dominion is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. A2Dominion may share information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.
A2Dominion routinely participates in the National Fraud Initiative (NFI) data matching exercise carried out by the Cabinet Office. Our participation in the NFI will assist in the prevention and detection of fraud against A2Dominion (and other companies within A2Dominion Housing Group) and organisations within the public sector. We will participate on a voluntary basis and provide the Cabinet Office with particular sets of data in the autumn for matching as set out in the Cabinet Office’s guidance.
The Cabinet Office conducts data matching exercises to assist in the prevention and detection of fraud.
Data matching involves comparing sets of data, such as the tenancy, payroll or benefits records of a body, against other records held by the same or another body to see how far they match. The data is usually personal information. The data matching allows potentially fraudulent sub letting, benefit claims and payments to be identified. Where a match is found it may indicate that there is an inconsistency that requires further investigation. No assumption can be made as to whether there is fraud, error or other explanation until an investigation is carried out.
The processing of data by the Cabinet Office in a data matching exercise is carried out with statutory authority under its powers in Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. It does not require the consent of the individuals concerned under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data matching by the Cabinet Office is subject to a Code of Practice.
If you are asked to provide information when applying for, or using, specific A2Dominion Group services, e.g. My Account, we will describe how we use and protect this information on the web page on which you enter this information.
If you are currently receiving marketing communications from A2Dominion Group and no longer wish to do so, you can click on the ‘opt-out’ link contained within marketing emails we send you. This link is usually near the bottom of the email.
We will not send you unwanted email messages or junk mail, and your details will not be provided to any organisation other than A2Dominion, our affiliates and subsidiaries, our business partners and our agents, for marketing purposes, unless you have explicitly allowed us to. We may, however, send you emails about our services, such as responses to enquiries you make about our services. These service emails are not to be confused with marketing emails and there is no option to opt out from receiving them.
When you use social media platforms, and if you have opted in to receive our marketing, you may receive advertising that is specifically tailored to your needs. This is known as ‘targeted advertising’ and will relate to A2Dominion services only. You will not receive any other types of targeted advertising because we will not pass your information on to any other social media groups. If you want to stop receiving notifications about A2Dominion services via social media platforms, please visit the security settings within the specific platform to amend your settings.
Third party sites
Our website contains links to websites owned and operated by third parties. They have their own privacy policies and we suggest you review these before using their websites.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will take necessary precautions to prevent your personal information from being lost, used incorrectly or altered. We will keep your details safe by using:
- Secure computer systems. We will use security measures to make sure no-one outside of A2Dominion is able to access information about our customers which we store electronically.
- Filing cabinets. We keep our filing cabinets in secure locations within A2Dominion offices.
Once your information is collected, it is stored on secure servers managed by A2Dominion. We make every effort to make sure our systems and website are free from viruses. However, please make sure your computer is running properly and uses up-to-date anti-virus software.
We do not accept responsibility for any issues you experience on your computer or other devices as a result of using our website or from downloading software to improve your experience of our website.
Our enquiry forms are not sent via an encrypted channel. We therefore ask that you do not include confidential information, e.g. bank account or card details, when using forms on our website.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
In line with the Data Protection Act, you are able to find out what information we hold about you and correct any information which you believe is incorrect.
Access to your own personal information
If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please complete the subject access request form and email it to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can make a request in writing to: Group Company Secretary, A2Dominion Group, The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1BD. It costs £10 for a subject access request and you will need to show us proof of identity.
If you make a subject access request, please, where possible, include details of when, how and to whom you sent your details, and how these details are being used. We will tell you as soon as possible if we require more information from you. If we are unable to meet your request, we will explain why.
Challenging information held about you
We want to make sure that your personal information is correct and up-to-date. If you think information we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct or remove it.
If, for any reason, you are not happy with our response, you are able to contact the regulatory body: Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, CK9 5AF.
Cookies are data that is stored on your computer or other device when you use a website. Cookies allow our computer servers to collect information from your computer or device about how you interact with our website.
9. USEFUL LINKS
10. DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION NUMBERS
A2Dominion Housing Group Limited: Z4843307
A2Dominion Homes Limited: Z9799978
A2Dominion South Limited: Z7835340
A2Dominion Housing Options Limited: Z5412073
A2Dominion Residential Limited: Z3391351
A2Dominion Developments Limited: ZA103931
Pyramid Plus London LLP: Z3594227
Pyramid Plus South LLP: Z3594230