Free funding available to boost skills or training

Communities

Want to learn a new skill, access training or get a qualification? Apply for our Springboard Fund and get up to £5k a year.

Young man sitting at a laptop in his home making notes

Last year we supported customers with over £55,000 to achieve their career goals or upskill at different stages in their lives.

The Springboard Fund provides individual grants of up to £5,000 to support with direct costs for education, qualifications or training.

It can also be put towards related expenses such as essential items, childcare or accommodation.

Supporting our customer to pursue a music career

Kaylo Neilson, an A2Dominion customer, secured £4k from the Springboard Fund which enabled him to get the equipment he needed for his music degree.

He said: “The funding has been invaluable in helping me pursue my dreams and achieve my goals. The online application form was easy to navigate, and I was given plenty of time to complete it.

“Asking for help or support can be challenging. But it's reassuring to know there is help available from community organisations like A2Dominion.

“I really appreciated how the panel gave me a warm welcome and listened to my ideas. I was successful in getting £4k to make my career goals possible.”

How do I apply?

You can apply online via the Good Grants platform: a2dominiongroup.grantplatform.com

If you would prefer to fill in a paper form, please get in touch with us by email Springboard@a2dominion.co.uk or call us on 0800 432 0077 and we can support you.

What happens next?

You’ll need to submit your application by 31 May 2024. If it meets the selection criteria and is shortlisted, you’ll be invited to attend a panel meeting in June 2024 to talk through your funding request. You’ll find out whether you’ve been successful within 48 hours of that meeting.

How Springboard Funding has helped our customers

Here are some of the ways we’ve supported our customers in achieving their business and personal goals:

• Social work degree
  • Law degree
  • Solicitor qualifications
  • Music degree
  • Beauty business training
  • Nursing qualifications
  • Accountancy training
  • Animal welfare and veterinary nurse course
  • London Official Red Bus tour guide

Visit our Money Matters page for more information on how we can help with cost of living support, grants and training and employment opportunities.