To live in our older people housing you'll need to be over 55 with a local connection and be eligible for a care and support package.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we are not currently offering in-person property viewings and have limited services.
Charles Clore Court, Reading
139 Appleford Road, Reading, RG30 3NT
- From £1,016.35 PCM
- Studios, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with 24-hour extra care
At this extra care housing scheme for older people, the 47 self-contained apartments have been designed to help you to live independently. Each apartment has a wet room and kitchen (no built-in appliances) and some apartments are adapted for wheelchairs.
Charles Clore Court is registered with the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO).
As a resident you will have a variety of communal areas to use and enjoy, including a lounge, restaurant and gardens.
You can relax in the on-site hair salon, compete against your friends in the games room and do your online shopping in the computer room.
We also offer a prescription service and in-house chiropodist.
There is a range of social events and activities to get involved with at Charles Clore Court, including:
- Coffee mornings
- Singing groups
- Arts and crafts
- Tai Chi
- An activities centre every Tuesday and Friday
To give you greater peace of mind there are a number of security measures in place too, including:
- Fob-access door security
- An emergency call system in each apartment
- Personal pendant alarms
- Wander alerts
Charles Clore Court is close to Reading town centre and the M4 motorway.
Our trained care and support staff are available 24 hours a day to help you.
We'll tailor your care based on your individual needs assessment.
Our extra care support could include:
- Help washing, dressing and using the toilet
- Help with medication
- Help preparing meals
- General cleaning and laundry
- Shopping, collecting your pension and helping you with your finances
- Pressure care, catheter and colostomy care
Care is provided by A2Dominion and Reading Borough Council staff. You will have a dedicated Scheme Support Officer to coordinate your care. They will be on hand during the day to answer any questions you have.
There is also a 24-hour call alarm system in every apartment for support and emergency care.
- The price stated includes service charges
- The local council will assess your finances to work out how much you need to pay for care and support
- We can help you access any benefits and financial support you may be eligible for. We can also support you with budgeting so that you can keep on top of your rent and other payments.
Who can apply
Click the button below to register with the Social Care team at Reading Borough Council.