Our areas of expertise
We can provide information to journalists on the following areas:
- A2Dominion has thousands of new homes in the pipeline, making us one of the country’s largest developers of new homes
- We received £28.6m grant funding from the Homes and Communities Agency in 2011/12 to develop affordable new homes
- We develop across a wide range of geographical areas from rural exception sites through to high density city centre living
- Our development strategy supports Government plans to increase the supply of new homes and we are committed to the ‘sustainability’ agenda
Topics: Affordable and private sale housing, town planning, community consultation, land acquisition,improvement programmes and regeneration, social housing grant, land and property interest valuation, planning, design briefs, procurement and quality issues.
- A2Dominion New Homes provides shared ownership properties under New Build HomeBuy and HomeBuy resales
- These low cost home ownership schemes are designed to help people who cannot afford to buy a home outright
- People can own a share in the equity of a property using either a mortgage and/or savings, and pay rent on the part they do not own
- We also deliver private sale homes
Topics: Home ownership, shared ownership, affordable housing policy.
Care and Support
- A2Dominion provides specialist housing support for people in need
- The Group’s Care and Support arm has more than 2,500 homes including sheltered housing, extra care housing and other supported housing
- Care and support services are delivered to older people, homeless people, people with learning diffi culties, those with mental-health related issues and young parents
- A2Dominion has specialist domestic violence units and a young persons’ service
Topics: Care and support services for vulnerable people.
The Housing Services Team deals with a wide range of issues including:
- Rent - monitoring rent accounts and chasing arrears and tacking action, including court proceedings, against those who fail to pay
- Estate, tenancy and neighbourhood management - including estate inspections, dealing with graffiti, anti-social behaviour and gardening and cleaning contracts
- Lettings - ensuring empty properties are let quickly and in an acceptable condition, finding new tenants for empty properties and providing advice to tenants on re-housing
Topics: Housing management, anti-social behaviour and nuisance management,
repairs and maintenance, leasehold management.
- A2Dominion provides a raft of opportunities for people to get involved and take an active role in the way housing services are provided
- Ways to get involved include consultations, community events and fun days, annual conferences, community centres, estate inspections, leaflets and newsletters, surveys, training and local resident association meetings
Topics: Resident involvement, regeneration, working with black and minority ethnic
communities, development activities and working with young people.
Corporate Issues in Housing
- Human Resources - responsible for HR policies, best practice, recruitment
- Learning & Development - responsible for staff training and development
- Performance & Planning - responsible for overseeing performance across the Group, helping to deliver improved services in line with residents’ needs
Topics: Strategy and planning, housing investment, management and leadership,
communications and marketing, stakeholder involvement, inspections, stock
transfers, mergers, housing finance.