Our areas of expertise
We can provide information to journalists on the following areas:
- A2Dominion develops a wide range of homes, from affordable and market rent to shared ownership and private sale properties
- We have thousands of new homes in the pipeline, making us one of the country’s largest developers of new homes
- We develop across a wide range of geographical areas from rural exception sites through to high density city centre living
- Our surpluses are reinvested into developing more affordable housing and making our existing homes and services even better.
- Our development strategy supports Government plans to increase the supply of new homes and we are committed to the sustainability agenda
Topics: Affordable and private sale housing, town planning, community consultation, land acquisition,improvement programmes and regeneration, land and property interest valuation, planning, design briefs, procurement and quality issues.
- We offer homes for private sale, shared ownership and investment through our A2Dominion New Homes brand.
- Our low cost home ownership schemes are designed to help people who cannot afford to buy a home outright. People can own a share in the equity of a property using either a mortgage and/or savings, and pay rent on the part they do not own
- Our A2Dominion New Homes iPhone, iPad and Android apps support customers in searching for our shared ownership and private sale homes across London and the South East.
Topics: Home ownership, shared ownership, affordable housing policy.
Care and Support
- A2Dominion provides specialist housing support for people in need
- The Group’s Care and Support arm has more than 2,500 homes including sheltered housing, extra care housing and other supported housing
- Care and support services are delivered to older people, homeless people, people with learning difficulties, those with mental-health related issues and young parents
- A2Dominion has specialist domestic abuse units and a young persons’ service
Topics: Care and support services for vulnerable people.
The Housing Services Team deals with a wide range of issues including:
- Rent - monitoring rent accounts and chasing arrears and tacking action, including court proceedings, against those who fail to pay
- Estate, tenancy and neighbourhood management - including estate inspections, dealing with graffiti, anti-social behaviour and gardening and cleaning contracts
- Lettings - ensuring empty properties are let quickly and in an acceptable condition, finding new tenants for empty properties and providing advice to tenants on re-housing
Topics: Housing management, antisocial behaviour and nuisance management,
repairs and maintenance, leasehold management.
- A2Dominion provides a raft of opportunities for people to get involved and take an active role in the way housing services are provided
- Ways to get involved include consultations, community events and fun days, annual conferences, community centres, estate inspections, leaflets and newsletters, surveys, training and local resident association meetings
- Our innovative Be Inspired programme supports young people into education, training and employment
Topics: Resident involvement, regeneration, working with black and minority ethnic
communities, development activities and working with young people.
Corporate issues in housing
- Human Resources - responsible for HR policies, best practice, recruitment
- Learning & Development - responsible for staff training and development
- Performance & Planning - responsible for overseeing performance across the Group, helping to deliver improved services in line with residents’ needs
Topics: Strategy and planning, housing investment, management and leadership,
communications and marketing, stakeholder involvement, inspections, stock
transfers, mergers, housing finance.