Ending your tenancy
If you want to move out of your home there are a number of things you need to do. These are:
If you have a joint tenancy and only one of you is leaving, both of you should tell us so we can look into transferring the tenancy to the person who is staying.
When we receive your written notice, we will contact you to arrange an appointment. The purpose of this visit will be to:
- Give you information about your responsibilities when ending your tenancy
- Agree what repairs you need to do before you move out
- Confirm the date the keys will be returned
- Make sure you are aware you must return the property empty
- Make sure you are aware you must clear any outstanding debt
- Get your new address
For more information, please download our Moving home information leaflet from the Downloads box above or contact us.