Residents who illegally sub-let their home deprive families who are most in need of the chance of a suitable home. They do this by renting out their entire home to other people or not using their home as their main residence anymore. This also costs local councils, us and ultimately you a lot of money, which is why we’re cracking down on it!
When we’re told that someone may be illegally subletting their home, we investigate the claim. If we find out that person is committing housing fraud, they could lose their tenancy. This will free up a home for a family in need.
There are a number of ways to spot if someone in your community is a housing cheat. Look out for:
- different tenants moving in and out of a property on a regular basis
- neighbours who suddenly forget what their rubbish collection date is
- someone collecting rent from your neighbours.
What should I do if I think someone is illegally subletting their property?
You can report this type of housing fraud to us in one of the following ways:
- By phone: 0800 432 0077
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: by downloading a form from the ‘downloads’ box to the right and posting it to A2Dominion Group, Sinclair House, The Avenue, West Ealing, London, W13 8AG.
Please note: we will treat all cases confidentially and you do not need to give us your contact details if you would prefer to remain anonymous.