What maintenance will you do on my estate?
We employ grounds maintenance contractors to carry out gardening work in shared areas, such as:
- grass cutting and edging grassed areas
- maintaining shrubs, hedges and trees
- weed control
- maintaining hedges and trees
Every year we carry out a safety survey of trees in shared areas. We then produce a schedule of tree surgery to ensure we prioritise any urgent work. We never remove trees unless we have to, and we always check for Tree Preservation Orders before removing them.
We also regularly trim and prune trees in shared areas.
We employ cleaners to do some basic cleaning, which includes:
- picking up litter
- sweeping and mopping shared areas
- changing light bulbs in shared areas (except for onsite NHS or student accommodation)
- communal areas (both internal and external) within the boundaries of each of our housing schemes.
We'll remove pests in shared areas.
Some of our estates and schemes are managed for us by managing agents. These agents are responsible for arranging and running the services described above. If you live in one of these schemes, we'll tell you when you move in and give you contact details and information on the level of service you can expect.
You must contact the managing agent if you have any questions or concerns that you want to report. Sometimes you'll pay your service charges directly to your managing agents and sometimes directly to us (this varies between different residents and schemes). We'll let you know about this when you move in.